Outdoor Nursery Manager
Inspiring children through nature
Find yourself amonst a close-knit team of like-minded educators at Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten.
Mainstream nurseries getting you down? Our unique progressive nursery in Worcester may be what you've been looking for!
We are a close-knit team of talented and motivated educators who are challenging the status quo. We're part of a community of like-minded folk in Worcester, UK who are looking to grow their team.
Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten is looking for a Manager for our outdoor nursery.
Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten has a great opportunity to work at an exciting nursery taking a unique approach to early years education. We are passionate about early childhood and providing high quality care and education to children from the ages of 2 to 5 years old. This is a truly unique opportunity for an experienced Manager to become a part of an innovative approach to early years education.
- Main point of contact for parents
- Management of 5 part time staff
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Remain up-to-date with current developments in childcare and early years education recommendations, policies and legislation
- Facilitate Ofsted inspections and to implement any recommendations
- Staff recruitment
- Reporting to Head of Training and Company Directors
Who are we looking for?
We genuinely care and want to find the right people to fit with our approach and ethos in early years education. Here are the key characteristics we are looking for:
- You will of course absolutely love working with children
- You are able to step back and take a calm and considered approach, with a genuine interest in the work children do
- You are open minded to new approaches and ways of working with young children
- You’re a team player
- You have excellent communication skills
- You understand the value of community and family, particularly when it comes to inspiring children
- You love the outdoors and are happy to spend the majority of your time outdoors
- Like us, you understand the importance of respect for the child, and that the child is the main focus
- You believe in our approach and ethos in early years education and take pride in being a part of this unique and wonderful nursery
- Min Level 3 Childcare Qualification
- Understanding of the EYFS
- An excellent communicator
- Strong references from current / previous employer
- Paediatric first aid training (preferably outdoors)
Along with the above, the following will be considered favourably:
- Knowledge and experience of Steiner, RIE, Pikler or Hand in Hand
- Forest School Leader Level 3 qualification
- Experience of using / implementing "planning in the moment" or an emergent curriculum
- Experience of leading a small team
25 - 35 hours per week over 3 - 4 days.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience. A unique benefits package is offered to all new starters.
As Early Years Specialists we are passionate about offering children rich, natural environments where they can have fun, flourish and succeed. Our Nature Nurtures approach is inspired by the philosophies of Scandinavian and German Kindergartens and promotes the importance of outdoor experiences for young children, because through nature we are able to engage their senses, inspire curiosity, awe and wonder, and fuel creativity and imagination - essential ingredients for exploration, learning and development.
Based at Top Barn Farm, Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten is the first of its kind in Worcestershire. We offer places for children aged 2 to 5 years old.
Think this is the perfect job for you?