Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten
How To Apply
Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten has places for children aged two to seven years old who can benefit from a child-centered, progressive curriculum. We welcome applications for any child whose needs can be met by the Kindergarten and our staff.
- Book a visit or attend an open day: Interested families are encouraged to schedule a visit to Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten. During that visit you are welcome to spend time with your child in our unique environment and to ask as many questions as you wish. Visits for prospective families are conducted on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10.30am and 3.30pm. Families will receive information about NOK’s progressive approach to Early Years care and education, a registration form, and fees schedule.
- Submit application for Nursery Education Funding Entitlements (NEF) here: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
- Submit a registration form: A £70 non-refundable registration fee is collected as part of the registration process. This includes a set of waterproof dungarees and jacket for your child. For eligible families, please complete the NEF paperwork (see below).
- Nursery Education Entitlement: Please provide your eligibility code for NEF, National Insurance number and a copy of your child’s birth certificate alongside the NEF paperwork and registration form.
- Follow up: After receiving your completed registration form, a current photograph of your child, NEF eligibility code, NEF declarations and supporting documents, we will schedule settling in sessions for your child. More information about Nursery Education Funding (NEF) can be found on our funding page.
- Settling in sessions: Settling in sessions are dependent on the individual child. We offer a limited number of free two hour settling in sessions for all children. We advise that you make yourself available for 2 weeks during the settling in period.
Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten has places for children aged two to seven years old who can benefit from a child-centred, progressive curriculum. We welcome applications for any child whose needs can be met by the Kindergarten and our staff.
Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten gives priority to siblings, and those looking for a full time place. Having a child currently enrolled at Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten is the basis for sibling priority. Otherwise, applications are in order of date of receipt of the completed Registration Form together with all applicable supporting documents.
Where places are not immediately available:
Applications will be kept on a waiting list and places will be offered in accordance with the above priorities as soon as they become available. If we are unable to make contact with you to offer you a place, it may be necessary for us to move on down the list in order for us to fill the place.
We ask that parents understand Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten's mission and philosophy and will work with us in the interest of their children.
Funded sessions are available for children from the term following their third birthday if there is an available place.
Priority is given to those children already attending Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten, to those children with siblings who have attended Nurture Outdoor Kindergarten previously, otherwise applications are in order of date of receipt of the completed Registration Form together with all applicable supporting documents.
Children must attend a minimum of two sessions (three if funded only session) per week. This is important from the child’s perspective, particularly when it comes to settling in and feeling part of our community; not to mention becoming an active member of our community.
We are currently taking applications for families who are interested in the Kindergarten's Flexi-School Programme. We welcome applications for any child whose needs can be met by the Kindergarten and our staff.
Sessions: Fridays 9am to 3pm